Thursday, January 17, 2008

My poor baby

My poor baby boy has to have surgery. Ok, I know he's not a baby anymore, but he's my baby. The spot under his tongue is a cyst or a stone. The dr was wonderful. He said it's hard to tell for sure what it is, but he thinks it's probably a stone. He said it is what is making his lymph node swell and would no matter which it was (ha ha mr pediatrician, I was right and you were wrong. I am not as dumb as you think I am.) . He said it should never swell more than one time before we get it looked at. It has swollen really big three times and I told him that I can feel it a bit swollen every day. He said this does explain why he has a low grade fever most of the time and why he has been getting sick so often. He is scheduled to have surgery Feb 5. It's outpatient, so that's good, but I will still be a nervous wreck. My mom and grandma do not come out of anesthesia well, so it makes me nervous. WHen Madalyn had her surgery she came out just fine, so I try to focus on that.

No comments: