Saturday, December 08, 2007

Is it bedtime yet?

I have been so busy with sick kids I don't even remember the last time I was here. Sam had a very high fever with a swollen lymph node again. THen Mady got the fever and was completely lethargic. She kinda scared me a few times. Our ped's office must love me since i have given them almost $100 in the last month. That doesn't even begin to cover the prescriptions. I am so beyond exhausted. I don't think I have had more than 6 or 7 hours sleep in the last 3-4 days. I'm so tired my eyes hurt the entire time I'm awake. I don't think I was ever this tired when I had newborns.

My poor Savanna. I feel she has sort of slipped through the cracks in the last few weeks. She gets her needs met, but she hasn't had a lot of other time with either of us. Today I took her to the store with me and we've been reading more together. She's very into Junie B. Jones books, which the other two care nothing about. So I'm trying to make up to her for the last few weeks. Of course that doesn't make the guilt go away. We did go to the Christmas Parade with just her on Thursday. She was in it and it was too cold for the sick ones. We went to the library first where we read some and she got to help Grammy work. She really likes wiping off the books people return. She said she wants to work there every day after school. I think I might have a future librarian on my hands.

1 comment:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Sorry you still have sick kiddos.

Sounds like you have a little reader on your hands!