Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Sambo

am so super proud of my Sam. I had his annual IEP (individual education plan) today. Not all children have one, only those with special needs. Sam needs speech therapy so he has one. When he started this year he had a whole list of sounds he had to work on. I was to say close to 20. He now has 3 left!!!! L's (he's about 80% in conversations), s blends, and th's. His speech pathologist at the school is super wonderful. I am so grateful he got her. Now, I don't know the other one, but I just really love the one he has. Sam will be starting speech again in first grade, but she thinks he won't need it very long and will graduate pretty quickly. He has worked so hard and I'm so proud of him.

Oh, and he mastered a new skill today. He can touch his tongue to his nose. This kid has a freaky long tongue.






No comments: