Tuesday, July 29, 2008


It's 8 am and I am so tired I can barely see straight. The kids and I spent the night at my mom's house last night and I spent all night fighting the dogs off her bed so they wouldn't bother Noah. Why did we spend the night here when we have a perfectly nice house to sleep in? Becauase when it rains it pours. Last night Bryan was getting ready for work in the back bathroom. He usually isn't back there, so this was unusual. He smelled something burning and went into the backyard. The fuse block to our central a/c unit had caught on fire. I am so incredibly grateful it happened when he was home because he knows how to shut off the power to the thing. If it had happened 30 minutes later I wouldn't have known until the back of the house was on fire. Or if we had been sleeping. I shudder to think. ANd now we have no a/c *sigh*


Michelle said...

Thank Heaven you and everyone were safe! You are so incredibly blessed! Is the damage very extensive? Do you know any electricians to come fix it? (Just Kidding about the electrician...I know. :D )

Carolyn said...

Wow... what a blessing that happened when it did. Hopefully you can get your A/C repaired quickly so you can go back to your house again soon!

Serenity said...

I am very very very thankful we are all safe. It could have been much worse. The only damage is to the breaker block itself. Bryan is very fristrated with the electrician that did the wiring in the first place. He put the wires coming out of odd places, which is why the breaker didn't trip like it should have. He can fix it (it pays to be married to an electrician) we just have to figure out how to get the materials before next pay day. There is a way he can fix it temporarily until pay day, but he has to figure out the right way. The previous electrician has really done things all weird so it's a bit harder than it should be. And in the meantime the kids and I get to stay with my parents. I love my family, but it's just hard to not be in your own space.