Sunday, April 27, 2008

I'm so not good at this

I'm not good at keeping up with a blog at all. You would think I would be, it's not like i don't spend time on the computer everyday. I really need to try harder. Maybe I just think I'm boring, so I don't put forth the effort. I read a few blogs and they post about things, not just what their kids are doing. All I ever talk about is my family. And so here comes some more.

Yesterday we had a double birthday party for Sam and Mady. We invited the kids from nursery for Mady, a few family friends and cousins, and some kids from Sam's preschool. My friend Tonya and her kids came. She has kids the same age as mine, plus a few older. THey all play and get along really well. Two sisters from church came, my sis and her two kids, and Bry's sis and her four. Sam and Mady had a blast. Later that night, the part I had been dreading came. Sam had gotten out of bed to get a drink. I asked him if he had a good day and he said yes, but he was sad. He came and gave me a hug and said he was sad because none of his friends from school came to his party. He asked me why they didn't and I told him I didn't know. I guess I should have prepared him. None of them RSVP'd, but around here most don't. He was so sad. After he went to bed Bry came back to the living room and found me sobbing. I'm sure the pregnancy hormones make it worse, but my heart was breaking for him. He was so sad. He didn't say anything today, so I'm hoping he's over it.

I am assuming I started nesting last night. I cleaned out the boxes I have been avoiding from when we traded in our van. Not fun to go through those, plus a few other storage things that I have been neglecting. I cleaned the bathroom, folded all the laundry (it was a lot since I haven't felt great lately) and finished cleaning up the table from the leftover birthday party stuff we just dropped there when we got home. Today I had to leave church because of contractions. They stopped after awhile and I took a nap while my mother in law took the kids home with her. Bry was sleeping too, because he had to work tonight. When I got up I cleaned up the kitchen. Again, it's been sadly neglected lately and then cleaned my bedroom. Wow, that was a big task. Now I just have to finish the rest of the laundry and get the three front rooms finished. Well, I guess just two and the kitchen floor. THere really isn't a whole lot left and then everything will be ready for baby! I'm so beyond ready!

No comments: